Tuesday, June 19, 2012

13 Little Blue Envelopes

Title: 13 Little Blue Envelopes

Author: Maureen Johnson

Rating: 4 stars

Summary:
Inside little blue envelope 1 are $1,000 and instructions to buy a plane ticket.

In envelope 2 are directions to a specific London flat.

The note in envelope 3 tells Ginny: Find a starving artist.

Because of envelope 4, Ginny and a playwright/thief/ bloke–about–town called Keith go to Scotland together, with somewhat disastrous–though utterly romantic–results. But will she ever see him again?

Everything about Ginny will change this summer, and it's all because of the 13 little blue envelopes.

Review:  Ginny is traveling all over the world because of the instructions of her aunt. I didn't like the aunt because she's putting Ginny in so many dangerous situations, but one of Ginny's first adventures is in Rome and I've been there. She was talking about the roman forum and the colosseo metro stop and I'm in Italy as I write this having recently been in Rome so as these things were mentioned I was all, "I've been there! I know exactly what you're talking about!" Our hotel in Rome was near the Colloseum when Ginny mentioned the colosseo metro stop, I was all, "I got off on that stop! I know where that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)" I've never been in th esame location as a book before, so I was really excited. There was romance, but it was a small portion of the book and unlike other books where in the end they make a big deal about the romance, here there was just: "Is there something? Yeah, there's something." Ta-da. All in all, a sweet and humorous story and I can't wait to read the sequel!


No comments:

Post a Comment