Saturday, September 29, 2012

Interview: Libba Bray

Libba Bray is the author of The Diviners, Beauty Queens, Going Bovine, and the Gemma Doyle Trilogy.

Me: Did you want to be a writer growing up?
Libba Bray: Not really. I enjoyed art and animals, but didn't think of writing as a career until after my accident.


Me: Do you prefer writing realistic fiction or historical fiction?
LB: I love reading different genres, and I didn't want to be limited to one genre in my writing. When I get caught up in an idea, I try to follow it through. Historical fiction does take longer, because there's a lot of research involved.

Me: How much of an impact did your editor have on your books?
LB: I write in a chaotic fashion, so my editor helps in putting my manuscripts in order.

Me: Which of your characters do you think you are most like?
LB: Some part of me is in every character, so I can't really pick a specific one.

Me: If you were a character in Beauty Queens, what do you think you would do when the plane crashed?
LB:  Cried for a while, try to find a source of water, then lead a sing-a-long.

Me: When will the second Diviners book come out?
LB:  It's supposed to come out spring of 2012, but it will probably come out in the fall of 2014.

Me: What do you have against unicorns?
LB: They are filthy and they cheat at poker. They taste very good in a sandwich, though.

Me: Who has had the greatest impact on your writing?
LB: My mom, who was a high school English teacher. She took me to the library all the time and gave me my love of literature.


No comments:

Post a Comment