Friday, December 23, 2011

Evil Genius

Title: Evil Genius

Author: Catherine Jinks

Rating: 3 stars

Summary: Cadel Piggott has a genius IQ and a fascination with systems of all kinds. At seven, he was illegally hacking into computers. Now he’s fourteen and studying for his World Domination degree, taking classes like embezzlement, misinformation, forgery, and infiltration at the institute founded by criminal mastermind Dr. Phineas Darkkon. Although Cadel may be advanced beyond his years, at heart he’s a lonely kid. When he falls for the mysterious and brilliant Kay-Lee, he begins to question the moral implications of his studies for the first time. But is it too late to stop Dr. Darkkon from carrying out his evil plot?

Review: I've read Jinks' werewolf and vampire books and they were okay. I wouldn't have read this book based on the other two, but I was intrigued by the summary. I got into it really quickly, then near the middle it began to drag. I was very close to putting this book away half-finished until the conspiracy theories started flying. It was awesome, but then it got to a point where I was thinking: "How much more complicated can it get?" I'll be reading the rest of the series, but this book went on a bit too long.


***UPDATE***
 I will not be reading the other Genius books. I started reading Genius Squad, but got really bored with it and stopped half-way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment