Monday, April 16, 2012

Author Interview: Robin Mellom

Robin Mellom is the author of Ditched. (Click here for my review) She has also written The Classroom, which come out in June, and Busted, which she is still working on.

Me: Where did you get the idea for Ditched?
Robin Mellom: I wanted to write a humorous teen book. Some of it is based off of personal experience, and I got some disastrous prom stories from other people.

Me: Did you want to be a writer growing up?
RM: Yes. I wanted to be the next Judy Bloom

Me: How long did it take you to write Ditched?
RM: 6 months

Me: Did you plan before you started writing?
RM: No, I just came up with the idea and started writing.

Me: Did you base any of the characters off of yourself?
RM: Justina has a similar personality to me; she worries a lot about what other people think.

Me: How much of an impact did your editor have on your book?
RM: My editor helped me with the romance and figuring out what Ian and Justina meant to each other.

Me: If Ditched was turned into a movie, who would you want to play Justina?
RM: Victoria Justice, because she looks similar to Justina.


No comments:

Post a Comment